Friday, July 27, 2012

Our fun summer!

So...I come to the realization that I just suck at keeping up at blogging.  Oh well....here are some of the fun things that we have done this summer.  I still have a really hard time believing that it is already the end of July, but we have had a really great summer! This is just a few pictures of the things that we have done so far:)   

 The girls have loved swimming!  We finally finished our backyard (hooray!!!) and they love to go back and swim and go wild.  It has been nice to just let them run.
Jason and I took off for a few days to Vegas and really enjoyed ourselves!  We stayed at the wonderful Treasure Island! (I always wanted to stay there)
 We also got to go and see Pawn Stars...for those of you who have never heard of Pawn Stars it is a pawn shop in Vegas that has a show on the History Channel.  I have always wanted to go and check out their store!  It is very different than I thought it would be....we had to wait in line for 10 minutes and the security guy at the front door told us that 3,000 to 5,000 people visit the store every day!  I was pretty surprised...if you have a chance to watch Pawn Stars it's pretty funny and there is some very interesting things that come into the store.  I am happy to say that I have finally been there!  (Jason kept making fun of me because I was so star struck...I was waiting around for the guys to come out from behind the closed door cause I really really really wanted to take of pic of them...but they never did.  Oh well maybe next time ;)
 Outside of Pawn Stars.
 We went to this restaurant in the old part of Vegas called the Heart Attack Grill.  It is set up like a hospital where you have to get admitted and wear a hospital gown.  The hamburgers are called a Single bypass...double bypass...triple bypass...and quadruple bypass..they only serve coke or water...the waitresses are the nurses...and the head cook is the doctor.  And if you weigh over 350 pounds you get to eat free.  They even have a scale outside so you can weigh yourself if you feeling brave.  It was quite the experience.  This is me in my hospital gown....
 and Jason in his :)
 This is the scale in front of the strore (sorry I can't rotate the pic)

This is the ambulance that says Marriage Can be the Murderer.
 We also were able to see Phantom of the Opera!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show.

 And a Cirque Du Soleil Show....KA...this was also amazing.

 Four of July at the parade in Huntington.

 Elly on her birthday!  I can't believe she is already 4!  Time goes so fast!
 Every time I came into the kitchen, Elly had taken another little bite of her cake.  She kept saying that she just needed a little taste of it.
 She is obsessed with Jessie from Toy Story.  I don't think it has even left her site yet.
 We did a combined birthday party for the girls (the bdays are only a month apart) with family.  They got so excited for everything and they loved having 2 cakes.


 Since Jason and my sisters's husband had to work on the 24th, we decided to hit the Days of 47 parade.  We had never been and I think we are going to make it a tradition to go every year.  It was a wonderful parade!

 Watching fireworks from our deck...our backyard faces I-15 so we can sit outside and watch fireworks from Lehi to Saratoga Springs to Eagle Mountain even Herriman and Draper.  Why buy fireworks when we can see them all over?
 Elly has been taking swimming lessons for the last 2 weeks.  She is such a little fish!  She passed off all of the required skills and can move on to the next class.  She is sad she is done with them but I am not because I am tired of trying to keep Adalyn out of the water.  That's been rough :)



 We even painted accent walls through out our house!  We pained blue in the kitchen and bright green in our room..they turned out way better than I thought :)
The arch in our kitchen heading into our room...
 Our bedroom (before our new bedroom set arrived...Jason surprised me for our anniversary)
 Our family room.
 Our dining room (sorry I forgot to get a pic of it after it was all done....maybe next time)
One more pic of the girls at the parade...I am not really sure how that got clear down here...oh well :)

1 comment:

Jami and Rob said...

Okay, the Heart Attack Grill - what the... So glad you had fun, it's super nice to get away alone for a while. Rob and I just went to Logan for a couple of days childless. Sleep is a wonderful thing!